FAQ - Frequently Asked Question

What is the Unified Carrier Registration Plan and Agreement?
The Unified Carrier Registration (UCR) Plan and Agreement are part of a Federally-mandated, State-administered program that went into effect September 10, 2007. Under this program, States collect fees from motor carriers, motor private carriers, freight forwarders, brokers and leasing companies, based on the number of qualifying commercial motor vehicles (CMVs) in their fleets.
When was the UCR Created?
The UCR program was created to replace the Single State Registration System (SSRS), which expired in December 2006.
Which states are participating in the UCR Agreement?
The participating States are,

Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.
Which States are not participating in the UCR Agreement?
The non-participating States are Arizona, Hawaii, Florida, Maryland, Nevada, New Jersey, Oregon, Vermont, Wyoming, and Washington D.C.
What if my state doesn’t participate?
If your state of residence doesn’t participate in the UCR program, that doesn’t mean you’re off the hook. Any motor carrier who travels over state lines is required to purchase a UCR. If you live in a state that doesn’t participate, you are required to purchase a UCR in the nearest participating state.
When does the UCR expire?
The UCR expires on December 31st of each year.
What happens if you don’t get one?
If you don’t pay for the UCR, and are caught driving over state lines, enforcement officials could detain your vehicles. Plus, you could be required to pay additional fines and penalties. Depending on which state you’re from, the fine could be anywhere from $100 to $5000 for first time offenders.
What if I want to change my registration details after the submission of the application?
You can change Point of contact, Type of Carrier, Total number of vehicles. If Total number of vehicles slab has been changed, then based on Fee structure billing will be generated. 

Help Video

Quick Links
Contact Us

# 4380 Redwood Highway, San Rafael, CA 94903, USA.

#159, Darcy Pkwy, Lathrop, CA 95330, USA.

Support: 510 474 1376

Spanish Support: 224 215 5888


Support Timings:

Mon - Fri 7:00 am CST to 08:00 pm CST